Headers and footers are key elements of Google Docs documents. They are used to display various information, such as titles, page numbers, dates, author’s name and other data. All while making your document more formal and professional. Even though these features take up space on the page, they allow the reader to navigate through the text and make it more understandable.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to remove and add headers and footers in Google Docs, as well as answer a few more questions about other features of the software.
If you want to delete headers on your computer, proceed as follows:
- Open the document in Google Docs that you want to remove the header or footer from.
- In your document, double-click on the header/footer.
- Click “Options” in the banner.
- Click Remove header/footer.
If you want to delete headers on your mobile, proceed as follows:
- Open your text in the Google Docs application.
- Tap the pen icon to start editing.
- Press the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Flip the switch next to Print Layout.
- Press the header to select the text.
- Choose the Cut option to remove the header/footer.
- Press any other space below to save your doc.